Help if you are homeless or might lose your home

Get housing advice

Answer a few questions to get advice about:

  • how to solve problems affecting your housing situation
  • what to do if you have been asked to leave your property
  • how you can find somewhere else to live
  • how we can help you.

You don’t need to give any personal details about who you are or where you live.

Get housing advice

Worried about homelessness?

You should contact us straight away if you are homeless now, or are likely to become homeless within the next 56 days.

How to contact us

New enquiries from people at risk of becoming homeless

If you are aged 18 or over complete the housing options enquiry form and an officer will contact you if you need an appointment. All enquiries will be dealt with over the phone, rather than in person. It is therefore essential that you provide us with a contact telephone number when completing the form.

Housing options enquiry form

If you are age 17 or under call (0151) 606 2008 Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm for further assistance.

If you are homeless and our offices are closed, including weekends and bank holidays, call the Emergency Duty Team on 0151 677 6557.

Existing Housing Options clients

If you are an existing Housing Options client, you can contact your Housing Options Advisor using the email address or telephone number provided to you. You can also email

Concerned about someone rough sleeping?

If you are aware of someone rough sleeping, please email the Rough Sleeper Initiative at or call 07821 125119.

You can also report your concerns about someone sleeping rough at Any details you provide via the website will be passed on to local agencies.

Further information

You can also get advice from Citizens Advice

Homeless Reduction Act - Duty to refer

More information on homelessness from Shelter