We offer interest-free Cosy Loans to homeowners - well as private landlords and their tenants - to make improvements that reduce energy costs. You can borrow between £200 and £2,000. Your monthly repayments can be from as little as £10 per month, depending upon how much you borrow, and must be paid in full within 36 months.
The scheme is managed by Wirral Methodist Housing Association on behalf of the Council.
You can apply for a loan if:
- you own your home outright
- you are buying on a mortgage
- you are a private landlord and you want to make improvements to your rented property
- you are able to afford the loan repayments
- you have a good credit rating.
The loan can be used to install the following energy efficiency measures in your home:
- loft insulation
- cavity wall insulation
- a central heating boiler
- draught proofing doors and windows (must be in conjunction with at least one of the above measures)
- solar water heating
- solid wall insulation
For a Cosy Loan application pack or for further information, please contact Wirral Methodist Housing Association on 0151 647 5471 or [email protected].
It is strongly recommended that you contact our energy advice partner Energy Projects Plus before applying for a loan to fully explore any grants you might be entitled to.