What is the Green Home Grant?
The Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery pays for work to reduce energy bills and make homes warmer. It aims to reduce the impact that homes have on the environment.
Who can get the grant?
The grant is available to some privately owned and rented properties in parts of Wirral.
These include parts of:
- Bidston and St. James
- Birkenhead and Tranmere
- Rock Ferry
- New Ferry
Funding is limited, so around 250 homes in the borough will be able to benefit from the scheme.
You will need to fulfil certain criteria to be eligible to apply for the grant:
- your home, or the property you own, must be in an area that is eligible
- the gross household income must be below £30,000 per year or below the Minimum Income Standard
- The property should have an Energy Performance Rating of D,E,F or G. If the property doesn't have an EPC, an EPC assessment will be carried out
How does it work?
Your home would be assessed to decide what work is needed. A company working on behalf of Wirral Council would do the survey and arrange any improvement work.
This may include:
- insulation for solid walls, cavity walls, lofts, suspended timber floors, rooms-in-roofs
- upgrading single glazing to double glazing
- solar water heating and solar electric panels
Grants for fossil fuel heating systems, such as gas boilers, are not available.
When are the grants available?
The grants will be available from summer 2021, with applications open until September 2021.
All work funded by the grants must be completed by the end of December 2021.
How to apply
You can see if you are eligible and apply for the grant by completing an application form. We will get back to you within eight weeks.