A flat, house or bedsit that’s privately owned by an individual or company can be let to you using an Assured Shorthold Tenancy.

This is often for a minimum period of 6 months. A period of advance rent and a deposit is usually required.

If you are on a low income, you could qualify for Local Housing Allowance to help with paying rent to a private landlord.

See the benefits calculator to find out how much you may be entitled to.

Wirral’s private landlords are encouraged to join the Council’s voluntary accreditation scheme. This sets certain minimum standards regarding the way their properties are managed and maintained.

View accredited properties to let