Issues with face coverings and public gatherings
The following issues are dealt with by the police:
- the powers to enforce the requirement to wear face coverings in certain premises and on public transport
- the powers to deal with public gatherings that are in breach of COVID-19 guidelines
Issues with businesses not following COVID-19 guidelines
We are working with businesses and venues across Wirral to make sure they follow COVID-19 government guidance.
If you feel a business is not following the correct guidance relating to any of the following, please let us know:
- not following social distancing measures; see the latest social distancing measures on GOV.UK
- not following infection control measures; see the latest infection control measures on GOV.UK
- still open when they should be closed; see a list of businesses the government says should be closed
- not collecting test and trace details, when required; see which organisations should collect details to support NHS Test and Trace
It is crucial that businesses follow the latest COVID-19 guidelines to ensure that both customers and members of staff are safe. A ‘COVID-19 secure’ business helps restrict the spread of coronavirus. This will help Wirral get back on its feet, build up our local economy and prevent further restrictions.