Fines for littering
From 1 July 2018 Fixed Penalty Notices of £100 will be issued to anyone caught littering in Wirral.
Please select 'Litter fines' to pay your fine.
Appealing against a littering fine
You can appeal to the council at any stage before the matter is referred to the magistrates’ court for prosecution.
It is a crime to drop and leave any form of litter including:
- fast food wrappers and packaging
- chewing gum
- cigarette butts and other smoking related products
- flyers left on windscreens
The council spends over £3.7m per year cleaning up after a minority of people who have no respect for the environment. You can help to keep your environment clean – don’t drop litter!
How you can help
- keep hold of your waste until you find a litter bin - or take it home with you
- clean up immediately after your pet, if it fouls our streets or parks and either take the waste home or deposit it in a litter bin