Environmental Health can investigate complaints and offer advice about smoke nuisance from domestic or commercial bonfires and chimneys.


We can also investigate complaints and offer advice regarding odours from factories, restaurants, takeaways, refuse facilities and agricultural activities.

Report a smoke or odour problem

The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA), provides guidance on the control of odour and noise from commercial kitchen exhaust systems.

To report unpleasant odours coming from Wirral's waste water treatment works, call United Utilities complaint hotline: 0845 309 4098.