You can download the asbestos advice leaflet for information about the safe removal, handling and disposal of asbestos cement materials.
Please email Environmental Health at email@example.com for more information.
Asbestos in the home
- Asbestos is usually safe unless it's damaged or disturbed
- paint indoor materials with an alkali resistant paint such as PVA emulsion
- never sand, drill or saw asbestos materials
- always seek advice before removing asbestos
- only licensed contractors should attempt to remove asbestos lagging, spray coatings or large areas of insulation board
- unfortunately, there are currently no grants available for asbestos removal in Wirral