As a childcare professional, you help children to be resilient and prepare them for what's to come in life.
Early Years Platform from the Quality Improvement and Training Team
We were delighted this year to launch our brand new Wirral Early Years Platform – designed as a single point of access for all providers in the borough. The new site can be used by all staff in early years settings to:
- find avenues of support from the team. Support is available for all providers, and even those who are awaiting their first inspection or are in the pre-registration stage
- access and book onto a range of training events - find virtual and face to face professional development opportunities on a range of topics
- engage in interactive elearning courses at a time that suits you. These are regularly updated and cover a multitude of areas in an easily accessible manner
- download resources, templates and a range of useable documents
- review vital national and local updates to keep on top of key changes
- access contact information for different teams and services
- the platform looks to modernise the way we support providers, giving you access to the most up-to-date information at the click of a button
We look forward to developing this new resource with and for you all!
Visit wirraleyquality.co.uk and use the ‘My Account’ tab to create your account to get full access.
Continuous professional development
Continuous professional development (CPD) is a combination of approaches, ideas and techniques that will help you to understand more about the environment in which you work, the job you do and how to do it better.
CPD is an ongoing process throughout your working life. It’s a requirement by professional bodies and helps you document your skills, knowledge and experience.
We have complied a list of organisations, who provide face-to-face and online training, to those practitioners offering care to children in Wirral. This includes mandatory training such as paediatric first aid and safeguarding.