The main Children’s Centre Hub in Wallasey is Seacombe Children’s Centre with New Brighton as a satellite centre to the main Hub. Leasowe Children's Centre is an outreach venue.
- Seacombe Children’s Centre is open 8:30am to 5:30pm
- New Brighton Children's Centre opening times - please contact Seacombe Children's Centre on 0151 666 3506
- Stay and play sessions – We provide high quality stimulating and challenging activities for all ages and stages of development with in the 0-5 age group. The activities are based on child-initiated play both indoors and outdoors ran by school readiness workers. (please see what’s on guide)
- Baby Massage - 6 weeks to 1 year. A 5-week course which can help babies with sleeping patterns, eating habits and all-round wellbeing
- Baby Yoga -12 weeks to pre-mobile. A 4-week course which helps Mum to regain strength after birth and aids baby’s development
- Baby Babble - 6 - 12 months. A 6-week course which aims to encourage, develop and support early language skills through songs, stories and activities.
- Big Dish Little Dish - For children aged 2 - 5 years this session provides parents with up-to-date information about nutrition, health and oral health. For parents and children to actively take part in making cheap and healthy meals.
- Breast Feeding Support - Support from trained health professionals.
- Parenting programmes - for more information call us on 0151 666 3506.
- Practical parenting drop-in- Advice on parenting routines or just a chance to chat about your children’s development. Co-delivered with family workers and Health Visitors.
- Child Health Clinic – Baby weighing and advice available from Health Visitors.
- Foster Carers Drop-in – Open access to all mainstream foster carers.
- Makaton signing for babies – A group for babies and children with Down Syndrome.
- Wellcomm screenings – Need support with speech and language enquire about wellcomm screenings.
- Childminder Drop-in - 0 to 5 years. Play sessions give childminders the opportunity to introduce children to many different types of play including creative, imaginative and messy play.
- Sensory Room
- Soft play
- Outdoor play – An area which is richly resourced with exciting play materials and open ended resources.
- Two, three and four year old funding – We can help you apply for funding. Family Support– Voluntary support from a Family Worker
- Appointments available for welfare benefits, employment advice?
- Volunteering opportunities.
- Birthing Suite – Highfield Midwifery team
What's on guide
Please pick up a what’s on guide from your local centre or download below. To find out what's on at Leasowe Nursery and Family Centre call 0151 666 3506.