In response to the coronavirus, our children's centre classes have been temporarily cancelled. To help, we've produced a short guide on activities to try at home and a timetable of videos being shared on the My Child Can facebook page.
The main Children’s Centre Hub in Birkenhead is Brassey Gardens Children's Centre with Rock Ferry Children's Centre and Cathcart Children's Centre as satellite centres and Prenton Primary School as an outreach venue.
- Brassey Gardens and Rock Ferry Children's Centres are open 9am to 5pm
Please call 0151 666 3323 for Cathcart and Prenton Primary opening times.
- Stay and Play sessions - we provide high quality, stimulating and challenging activities for all ages and stages of development within the 0-5 age group. The activities are based on child-initiated play both indoors and outdoors run by School Readiness Workers. (please see our What's On guide).
- Baby Massage - 6 weeks to 1 year. A 4-week course which can help babies with sleeping patterns, eating habits and all round wellbeing
- Baby Yoga - 12 weeks to pre-mobile. A 4-week course which helps Mum to regain strength after birth and aids baby’s development.
- Baby Babble - 6 to 12 months. A 6-week course which aims to encourage, develop and support early language skills through songs, stories and activities.
- Big Dish Little Dish - 2 to 5 years. A 4-week course which provides parents with up-to-date information about nutrition, health and oral health. For parents and children to actively take part in making cheap and healthy meals.
- Parenting Programmes- for more information call us on 0151 666 3323.
- My Child Can Drop In - Advice on parenting routines or just a chance to chat about your children’s development, facilitated by Family Workers.
- Child Health Clinic – Baby weighing and advice available from the Health Visiting team.
- Wellcomm screenings – Need support with speech and language? Enquire about Wellcomm screenings.
- Childminder Drop-in - 0 to 5 years. Play sessions give childminders the opportunity to introduce children to many different types of play including creative, imaginative and messy play.
- Outdoor play – An area which is richly resourced with exciting play materials and open ended resources.
- Two, three and four year old funding – We can help you apply for funding.
- Family Support – Voluntary support from a Family Worker.