The Mayor is always a serving councillor, elected by the full Council at its annual general meeting in May, and stands for one year in office.
The Mayor is the first citizen and chosen representative of Wirral, acting as a focal point for community and civic life.
The role of the Mayor
The role of the Mayor involves:
- chairing council meetings
- representing the Borough at civic functions and engagements
- supporting local charities, community and faith groups
- promoting the borough nationally and internationally
- conferring Honorary Freemen and Aldermen
Inviting the Mayor to your event
The Mayor is delighted to receive invitations to a wide range of functions and events, including:
- businesses launches
- cultural and community and voluntary activities
- schools and colleges
- 100th birthday celebrations
If the Mayor is attending your event, please read the guidance for protocols to be followed.
Each year the Mayor presents the Wirral Award to people who have given outstanding service to communities in Wirral.
Contact the Mayor’s Office
Civic Services Officer
Wallasey Town Hall
Brighton Street, Wallasey
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 0151 691 8527