Advice for the general public

The United Kingdom has left the European Union (EU). Leaving the EU means a number of changes that affect businesses, organisations and individual citizens.

Information has been produced by the Government to help the public and businesses to prepare for the United Kingdom’s exit from the European Union. 

Check what you need to do

The Government has also produced detailed information on specific subjects including:

  • visiting Europe
  • buying things from Europe
  • living, working or studying in the EU
  • going and being abroad

Prepare for Brexit if you live in the EU

A full suite of information on Brexit is available:

Get ready for Brexit

Preparing your business for Brexit

The United Kingdom has left the European Union (EU). Leaving the EU means your business or organisation may need to prepare for change.

Data Advice for Businesses

If your business or organisation receives personal data from partners or suppliers in the EU or EEA countries you must act now to ensure you can still do so legally after Brexit.

Using personal data in your business or organisation

Additional support can also be found on the following organisations’ websites:

Federation of Small Businesses (FSB)

Institute of Directors

Guidance for EU citizens living in the UK

If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021. If your application is successful, you’ll get either settled or pre-settled status. The EEA includes the EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.

If you live in Wirral you can contact Wirral Change for help or support with the EU Settlement Scheme.

Phone: 0151 649 8177 or email:

Guidance on what to do and when

Apply for settled status