The Chief Executive published options for where savings might be found for Councillors, Partners, staff and the public to consider in November 2012.
Phase 1 Equality Impact Assessments (pre consultation) have been undertaken in relation to each option to identify the potential negative impact on groups with protected characteristics, which can be found further down this page.
Immediately below are completed Phase 2 Equality Impact Assessments (post consultation) for each option which includes feedback from 'What Really Matters'.
All Equality Impact Assessments relating to Severance, Restructures and Terms and Conditions remain incomplete until consultation has concluded with Trade Unions and employees. The Terms & Conditions and all restructures EIAs include the findings from 'What Really Matters' element only.
Transformation and Resources
Options from the Chief Executive's Department
- Area Forum funding
- Impact on the workforce of the officer budget options to meet the Council's budget shortfall
- Reducing Council Management - Chief Officers and Heads of Service
- Reducing Council Management - below Head of Service to PO1 (with managerial responsibility)
- Redundancy / Ringfencing
- Terms & Conditions - Disturbance allowance
- Terms & Conditions - Enhancements
- Terms & Conditions - Phone rental allowance
- Terms & Conditions - Relocation allowance
- Terms & Conditions - Unpaid leave
- Terms & Conditions - Car mileage
- Terms & Conditions - One year increment freeze
- Tranmere Rovers Football Club, Public Relations & Marketing
Options from the Law, Human Resources and Asset Management Department
- Asset Management restructure
- Better use of Buildings
- Moving to Four Year Elections
- Rationalisation of Civic Services
- Reducing the cost of Democracy
- Restructure of Legal and Member Services
- Transforming Business Support