Responsibility for flooding varies depending upon the type of flooding.

To report flooding from main rivers or the sea contact the Environment Agency.

To report flooding that contains foul sewage contact:

Flooding caused by a problem on the road

Report flooding or a blocked drain or grid

Report a damaged drain or grid 

Report a damaged manhole cover

Other flooding emergencies

Contact the council to report any other flooding emergency such as, flooding to a property or flooding to a road that is causing traffic hazards.

Flood risk and alerts

The Environment Agency provides information about areas at risk of flooding and how those areas can be warned.