Wirral Council is a Lead Local Flood Authority (LLFA). The Flood and Water Management Act provides powers and responsibilities in relation to the management of flood risk. One of the responsibilities is to investigate flooding that it considers necessary or appropriate, prepare reports and publish the results.
- Flood Investigation August 2011
- Flood Investigation Report 13 August 2012
- Flood Investigation Report 15 August 2012
- Flood Investigation Report 29 August 2012
- Flood Investigation Report 24 September 2012
- Flood Reeds Lane/Reedville Grove, Leasowe 24 September 2012
- Flood Investigation Report 5 December 2013
- Flood Investigation Report August and September 2015
- Flood Investigation Report 23 July 2017
Wirral Council also has powers to manage local flood risk by putting strategies in place:
- Wirral’s Preliminary Flood Risk Assessment Report
- Wirral’s Preliminary Flood Risk Assessment Report (updated 2017)*
- Wirral's Local Flood Risk Management Strategy July 2016
* This document is an update by Wirral Metropolitan Borough Council to its preliminary flood risk assessment published in 2011. This is a result of the review required under the Flood Risk Regulations 2009.
If you own land or property alongside a river or other watercourse find out about your rights and responsibilities.