Wirral Council does not normally allow animals to be used in circuses or other performance situations on its land or in its premises.

Anyone that wishes to exhibit or train an animal for entertainment, to which the public are admitted, must register with the council. 

More information on obtaining a performing animals licence.

If you require further advice, contact Environmental Health at [email protected]


£155 (excluding vet fees) 


To register a performing animal or tell us about a change to a registered animal, contact Environmental Health.

Processing and timescales

Once your application has been received with the correct fee, we will aim to visit your premises with a local vet within 14 days.


Performing Animals (Regulation) Act 1925.

Failed applications   

Failed applicants should contact Environmental Health on 0151 606 2430 in the first instance.