A licence is required for any establishment where five litters are born within a twelve month period.
Where a licence is granted, that licence and any subsequent licence will expire on 31st December of the year to which the licence relates and must be renewed before that date if the premises are to continue as a dog breeding establishment.
If you require further advice, contact Environmental Health at [email protected]
£150 (excluding vet fees)
Please contact Environmental Health at [email protected] if you wish to:
- apply for an animal boarding establishment
- run an animal boarding establishment
- change an existing licence
- renew an existing licence
Processing and timescales
Once your application has been received with the correct fee, we will aim to visit your premises with a local vet within 14 days.
Applicants must not be disqualified under any of the following acts:
- The Breeding of Dogs Act 1973
- The Pet Animals Act 1951
- The Protection of Animals (Amendment) Act 1954
- The Protection of Animals (Cruelty to Dogs) (Scotland) Act 1934
Report a problem
Report a concern about:
- an application
- an issued licence
- practices at a registered address