Any vehicle used as a private hire vehicle in Wirral must first be licensed by Wirral Council.
Private hire vehicles are vehicles used for hire or reward purposes which are capable of carrying a maximum of 8 passengers. Vehicles used for hire or reward capable of carrying 9 or more passengers are regulated by the Traffic Commissioner.
Vehicles must be pre-booked through an operator licensed by Wirral Council and driven by a private hire driver also licensed by Wirral Council.
Once completed please contact the licensing office on 0151 691 8043 to make an appointment.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- V5C in applicants name, V5C section 10 (new keeper details) or purchase invoice from a dealership
- Compliance pass certificate (no more than 28 days old)
- MOT certificate (no more than 28 days old)
- Current insurance certificate / cover note
- proof of address for each applicant / limited company. This must be either a utility bill, bank/credit card/benefit/council tax statement or central/local government document which is no more than 3 months old
- Correct licence fee - payble by credit/debit card, cheque, postal order
Processing and timescales
Once application form completed and all above documents available please contact the Licensing Section on 0151 691 8043 to make an appointment to submit your application.