Approval is needed to hold marriages and civil partnerships at a premises. The proprietor or trustee should apply to Wirral Council for permission.
Where an application is made on behalf of a limited company there should be a separate statement of the names and addresses of all the directors.
The premises must also fulfil requirements set by the Local Authority:
- applicants must confirm whether or not planning permission is required
- suitable disabled access
- a separate room provided for questions by the Registrar prior to the proceedings taking place
- adequate toilet provision
- adequate car parking provision
- the room in which the proceedings are to take place must be suitable in terms of decor, fittings, size, seating capacity and location
- satisfactory Public Liability Insurance cover
- a single line layout plan of the area to be authorised (to scale) showing access and egress routes must be supplied with the application (3 copies)
Application fee - £1030
This Licence fee was last reviewed 20 March 2019 and will be reviewed again in 12 months.
Licence fees may be updated during the year and the council reserves the right to amend the fee at any time.
The licensing authority will publish a public notice on the council website for a period of 21 days advertising your application.
The Superintendent Registrar and a licensing officer will visit and inspect your premises to ensure that the above requirements are met.
If no objections are made to the application and the premises is suitable to hold ceremonies, the application will be granted. If objections are received, the application will be referred to the council’s Licensing Panel, which are held once a month.
If your application is approved, conditions will be attached.
Report a problem
Report a concern about a registered premises.