Small society lotteries may operate without a Gambling Commission licence provided they register with Wirral Council.
To classify as a small lottery:
- ticket sales for a single lottery must not exceed £20,000
- must not have aggregate proceeds from lotteries in excess of £250,000 in any one year
View our guidance notes on small society lotteries, including what classifies as a small society lottery:
Initial registration fee - £40
Annual fee - £20
The annual fee must be paid within the period of two months which ends immediately before each anniversary of the registration.
- a list of small society lottery members
- the societies terms and conditions or constitution to establish that the society is a non-commercial society and/or a declaration stating that you represent a bona-fide non-commercial society
- a police check form to be completed by the person designated to run the lotteries
- a Police Check form
A return form must be submitted no later than three months beginning on the day in which the draw, or last draw, in the lottery takes place. It must be signed by two members of the society appointed for that purpose by the society, or its governing body if applicable, and accompanied by a copy of that appointment.
Report a problem
Report a concern about:
- an application
- an issued licence
- an existing society lottery