Small society lotteries may operate without a Gambling Commission licence provided they register with Wirral Council.
Society lotteries are promoted for the benefit of a non-commercial society. A society is non-commercial if it is established and conducted for:
- charitable purposes
- enabling participation in sport or a cultural activity
- any non-commercial purpose other than that of private gain.
Initial registration fee - £40
Annual fee - £20
The annual fee must be paid within the period of two months which ends immediately before each anniversary of the registration.
- a list of small society lottery members
- a declaration stating that you represent a bona-fide non-commercial society and/or the societies terms and conditions or constitution to establish that the society is a non-commercial society
- a disclosure of convictions form to be completed by the person designated to run the lotteries
A return form must be submitted no later than three months beginning on the day in which the draw, or last draw, in the lottery takes place. It must be signed by two members of the society appointed for that purpose by the society, or its governing body if applicable, and accompanied by a copy of that appointment.
Report a problem
Report a concern about:
- an application
- an issued licence
- an existing society lottery