Wirral Council is responsible for the licensing of alcohol, entertainment, and late night refreshment at premises within Wirral.
Authorisation is required for:
- the sale by retail of alcohol
- the supply of alcohol by or on behalf of a club
- the provision of regulated entertainment
- the provision of late night refreshment
The licensing objectives
Under the Licensing Act 2003 there are four statutory licensing objectives:
- the prevention of crime and disorder
- public safety
- the prevention of public nuisance
- protection of children from harm
All applications for licences/certificates must show how the proposed activities will not have an adverse effect on the licensing objectives.