Wirral Council are responsible for enforcing health and safety regulations to make sure workplaces are safe for all employees and visitors.
- offices (except government offices)
- leisure (non-council operated premises)
- nurseries and playgroups
- pubs and clubs
- museums (privately owned)
- places of worship
- sheltered accommodation and care homes
To do this we:
- carry out inspections to make sure that risks are effectively managed
- investigate accidents, dangerous occurrences and occupational ill-health
- investigate complaints about working conditions or work practices
- provide guidance and advice to businesses and members of the public
Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) are responsible for enforcing regulations at:
- building sites
- schools and colleges
- gas, electricity and water systems
- hospitals and nursing homes
- central and local government premises
- offshore installations
Other Enforcing Authorities
You can find out more about other enforcing authorities from the Health and Safety Executive.
Health and safety standards
You must ensure that your business meets the necessary health and safety standards and procedures.
Health and safety reports and complaints
You can complain to Wirral’s health and safety team.