If one or both partners are subject to immigration control, you will both have to attend a Designated Register Office to give your notice of marriage or civil partnership, provided you have resided in England or Wales for the preceding eight days.

The nearest Designated Register Office to Wirral is Liverpool Register Office

A person is subject to immigration control if they are a foreign national (that is not a British citizen or a national of an EEA country) who doesn’t have a certificate of entitlement giving him or her the right of abode in the UK.