Copies of birth, death and marriage certificates from 1837 to present that took place in Wirral are available from the Register Office.

Some indexes are also available at the Cheshire births, marriages and deaths website.


Complete the appropriate application and return to the address provided.

You can also apply in person at the Register Office.

Certificates are available for collection from the Register Office after 2 working days. We can also post out the certificate by first class post for a charge of 70p.


The cost for a copy certificate is £10.

Please make cheques or postal orders payable to Wirral Council.

Priority service

Certificates can be issued within the hour on personal application at a cost of £35.

Express service

Certificates can be issued the next working day after 10am on personal application at a cost of £23.

Searches of the indexes

If you provide accurate details of a register entry, but we can't find the record, Register Office staff will search over a 5 year period.

If a wider search is required you will need to pay to undertake a general search of the indexes.

A general search must take place in a single session and last no more than six hours.

For information on fees and to make an appointment, call 0151 606 2020.

Information about general searches is also included within the application forms for copy certificates.