Reduce the amount of waste you create by buying carefully and choosing what rubbish you throw away. Buy products with little or no packaging.
Before you throw items away think if you or someone else could reuse them.
Find out more
- Love Food Hate Waste provides lots of useful tips and recipes to help you waste less food and save you up to £50 per month
- Make 28 Taste Great provides some great ideas for recipes using leftover food
- register with the Mailing Preference Service to stop receiving addressed advertising mail like credit card applications
- to stop unaddressed, unsolicited marketing mails contact the Royal Mail
- find out more about junk mail
- Wirral based charities will accept donations of unwanted furniture and white goods in good condition for refurbishment and resale. Call Wirral Independent Recycling Enterprise (WIRE) on 0151 638 6691.
- visit Recycle for Merseyside and Halton for information about textiles and clothes recycling
- visit Recipro to donate or source unwanted builder’s supplies
Contact us for further information or advice about recycling.