If you know of council land which would be suitable for tree or hedgerow planting, then please let us know below.
Consider the following constraints which might make your proposed planting site unsuitable:
- would the planting be near buildings or property and therefore could it affect foundations, drainage or light?
- is there sufficient room for the planting to develop and grow without affecting overhead services or street furniture (such as lighting and signage)?
- could there be underground services present?
- would the planting affect highway sightlines?
- would the planting obstruct highways, footpaths or public rights or way?
- is the site currently supporting valuable habitat such as a wildflower meadow?