Wirral’s Climate Change Strategy, Cool was developed by the Wirral Climate Change Group through various public consultation activities.
The strategy covers the period 2014 to 2019. It has two main goals:
- to substantially cut climate pollution associated with Wirral
- to adapt Wirral to unavoidable climate change
These goals are supported by aims to:
- Reduce demand for energy and make Wirral more energy efficient
- Generate and source more of our local energy needs from 'renewable' sources
- Use more sustainable modes of transport, more fuel-efficient vehicles and less polluting means of getting around; and
- Reduce the indirect negative impacts that our decisions have for climate pollution in Wirral and elsewhere
- Identify the risks and vulnerabilities from expected changes and bring forward plans and actions to limit negative impacts and improve resilience
- Build capacity for action by strengthening local networks and partnerships and by developing wider awareness and education initiatives
The success of this strategy depends on widespread action by local people.
Progress reports are produced via the Wirral Climate Change Group on an annual basis. These are available to download below:
Find out more and get involved with Cool Wirral.