This area is located to the south west of the main commercial centre of Birkenhead. From the 1820s to the 1840s, Birkenhead grew from a small village to a sizeable town.

Residential villas of high quality spread out from the town and park and occupied the higher land or the banks of the Mersey, where air was cleaner and views more extensive. Clifton Park was one of these residential areas and was developed by Captain William Sharp to a layout by the architect, Walter Scott around 1840.

Download planning documents relating to the Clifton Park Conservation Area: