Bromborough Pool is located on the eastern side of Wirral and stands in history as one of the villages constructed by wealthy industrialists that revolutionised the working and living standards of their workers. It was developed in 1854 to provide homes for workers in the nearby Price's Candle Factory.

The development of the village continued throughout the rest of the century to incorporate a school, hospital, village hall and church - all of which remained in the ownership of the factory. Therefore it’s one of the earliest examples of English private company philanthropy.

Download planning documents relating to the Bromborough Pool Conservation Area: