- Road surfaces
- Information, enquiries and complaints about street lighting
- Private street works and roadworks
- Street naming and numbering of properties
- Public footpath and bridleways
- New development - both private and industrial
- Local land searches, Planning Applications, Building Regulations
- Winter Service - clearance of snow from highways and the salting of icy roads
- Trees on highways and overhanging trees
- Grass verges
If you have any queries/comments, or want to report a problem related to the highway, the condition of an adopted road or pavement, Council bridge, blocked gully or a missing slotted grid, contact Streetscene.
The Council are responsible for the maintenance of road bridges, footbridges, subways and retaining walls supporting roads.
Who looks after Motorway and Railway bridges?
Bridges and structures over or under the M53 Motorway in Wirral are owned by the Highways Agency and are maintained by A-ONE+.Tel: 01925 859250
Railway bridges over the road in Wirral are owned by Network Rail, but the Council are responsible for erecting and maintaining the headroom signs on these bridges.
To report damage to a railway bridge caused by a high vehicle call the Network Rail helpline 08457 11 41 41.