The Road Safety Team is committed to improving road safety for all road users. We aim to minimise road crashes and reduce the number of people killed or seriously injured on our roads.
We deliver road safety education, training and publicity aimed at influencing behavioural change.
Our activities include, but are not limited to:
- New Drivers
- Bikesafe - to help to lower the number of motorcycle rider casualties
- Delivering road safety education in schools
- Wirral Safer Roads badge for Brownies and Cubs
- School Travel Plans
- Cycle training- On-street pedestrian training
- Minibus driver awareness
- School Crossing Patrol Service
- Attendance at various Community events to promote safe behavior in and around the road environment. Email the road safety team if you would like to request that the team attend your local event.
In all of our activities we work with key partners including Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service, Merseyside and Local Police, Merseyside Road Safety Partnership, Health Services and other Local Authorities.
For information and advice on any road safety matter please contact our Road Safety team.