Sport Development seeks to promote opportunities available for people to take part in physical activity
Working closely with a range of local partners, the unit also helps to:
- Reduce antisocial behavior through offering diversionary activities
- Increase the number of volunteers and coaches
- Develop sport and physical activity opportunities in priority areas
- Re-engage those who have dropped out of education and training
- Improve, promote and encourage active and healthy lifestyles
- Bring communities closer through a common cause.