There are a number of public coarse fishing waters in Wirral.

To use them, you need to purchase an Environment Agency Rod Licence (online or from any Post Offices) and an Association of Wirral Angling Clubs Day Ticket (obtainable from most angling shops in Wirral).

Fishing Facilities

  • Arrowe Country Park (Junior Anglers to be accompanied by an adult)
  • Birkenhead Lower Park Lake
  • Birkenhead Upper Park Lake (Match fishing only)
  • Brotherton Park, Bromborough
  • Captain's Pit, Hose Side Road, Wallasey
  • Central Park, Wallasey
  • Gayton Playing Fields, Heswall
  • Poulton Recreation Ground, Bebington
  • Royden Park (Seniors only)

All lakes are managed by the Association of Wirral Angling Clubs.