Joining the library
Library members can use any of Wirral’s 24 libraries free of charge.
Once you have applied online you can collect your library card which can be used at any Wirral library. When you collect your library card, please bring proof of your address for example a utility bill. Please allow 24 hours for your library card to be ready.
A temporary Borrower Number and a PIN number will be emailed directly to you so can start using our online resources straight away.
If you are under 16 you need to visit your library with a parent or carer to join.
You can register your child at birth and start enjoying books and activities with your baby at your local library straight away.
What can I do when I am a member of Wirral Libraries?
When you have your library card you can:
- Borrow up to 16 books for three weeks at a time if you are an adult
- Borrow up to 8 books for three weeks at a time if you are a child
- Borrow CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays, Audio Books, Vocal Scores and Language Courses
- Renew items
- Reserve items
- Download free eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Check your account history and renewal dates
- Access a range of free online reference resources
Items borrowed can be returned to any of Wirral’s Libraries.