Tel : (0151) 632 2754
Normal Opening Times
Monday: 9am - 1pm & 2pm - 7.30pm
Tuesday: 9am - 1pm & 2pm - 5pm
Thursday: 9am - 1pm & 2pm - 7.30pm
Friday: 9am - 1pm & 2pm - 5pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm & 2pm - 5pm
- Free internet access for library members (for the first half-hour).
- Photocopier and fax (charges apply).
- Free WiFi available
- Baby Bounce and Rhyme - an interactive way for parents and carers to introduce their babies and toddlers to the library. Experience the fun of sharing nursery rhymes and singing action songs. Ideally suited for babies and toddlers from 3 to 30 months. Takes place upstairs in the library and baby changing facilities are available. Monday from 2.30pm
- Story Time for Under 5s - join the library staff and other parents and children for an enjoyable half-hour of stories, including pop-ups, touch-and-feel books and popular rhymes. Every Thursday morning between 10:00 and 10:30
- Library User Group - the library user group meets on Monday or Thursday evening every three months from 6pm-7pm. New members are very welcome. Please contact the library for more details
- ‘In Stitches” - a friendly and informal group that offers encouragement and advice with knitting, crotchet, cross stitch, embroidery and sewing. Everyone is made very welcome and refreshments are served. Every fortnight on a Saturday, 10.30am until 12.30pm
- Adult Book Group - the Adult Book Group meets on the first Monday of the month at 6pm. Please contact the library if you would like more information.
- Friends of Hoylake and West Kirby Libraries
Friends of Hoylake & West Kirby Libraries organise events (usually monthly) throughout the year. Examples include talks, craft demonstrations, coffee mornings & quizzes.
Membership costs £3 per person and £5 per couple and lasts from April until March. Friends also get discounted entrance to events and a regular newsletter.
- West Kirby Family History Group Surgery – Second Friday of the month, 10:00am-1:00pm
Let the experts help you to investigate your ancestors using the internet and other resources.
For details of other events in Wirral libraries see the What's on section of this website.
- Automatic doors
- Ground floor areas are fully accessible by wheelchair
- One computer desk can be altered to accommodate a wheelchair; it would be helpful if users could book ahead to avoid waiting for the desk to be free
- An accessible toilet is available
- A small reference section is available via a flight of steps. Staff will locate an item for customers unable to negotiate the stairs
- There is a Hearing Loop and users should switch their hearing aid to channel T.
- There is a small gated car park to the rear of the building for library users. Please note that staff and people with a disability take priority.