Energy efficiency and energy costs
Every year the average British home wastes around £300 worth of energy.
Wirral Council is keen to help you save energy, saving you money and also helping to reduce your home’s carbon footprint.
This section explains how you can save energy in your home. It also tells you about financial support that is available to help you make your home more energy efficient, how to reduce what you pay for energy and advice on where to find help if you’re in debt with your energy company. Please follow the links below for more information:
- Help to improve your heating system – there’s a variety of grants and an interest-free loan to help you if your heating system is broken or needs improving.
- Buying energy efficient goods – what to look out for when buying a new household appliance.
- Reduce energy waste – limit climate disruption and keep bills in check.
- In debt with your energy supplier? Find out where to go for help.
- Cheaper energy – check if there’s a cheaper way to pay and switch to a lower priced tariff or energy supplier.
- Create energy from renewable energy sources such as the sun and wind...and get paid for it!
You can find out more great ideas and practical tips from Cool Wirral which is part of the local climate change strategy developed in response to challenges posed by climate change.
Wirral Council are a partner in the Viridis campaign to help Merseyside residents save money by saving energy in their homes.