If your items are not suitable for reuse you may wish to arrange a bulky waste collection. If your items are suitable for reuse you may wish to donate them to local groups and charities.
Wirral Council will come and collect your bulky items for a charge of £26.50 per visit (conditions apply), for up to 6 separate items. Collections will be made within 10 working days.
Please Note: It is recommended that when paying by debit/credit card that you telephone Streetscene direct on 0151 606 2004 when requesting this service, as a Customer Service Advisor will be able to arrange a suitable collection date for you as well as taking your payment ensuring a much quicker and efficient service.
Alternatively, you can visit a Council One Stop Shop. Please note that payment by cash can only be taken at the Birkenhead One Stop Shop, however payment by debit/credit card or cheque is accepted at all One Stop Shops.
The Service is available to residents of Wirral for household waste only.
- Streetscene will advise whether your items are classed as 'Furniture' or 'White Goods'
- All items to be collected must be specified e.g. Table & 4 Chairs, or bed-base, mattress & chair
- Items to be collected must be left outside your home (in the case of flats this must be on the ground floor), by 7am on the day of collection. (Collections will take place between 7am and 4pm - unfortunately it is not possible to specify a particular time).
- Some items will not be removed by the ERIC Service, such as builders waste.
- Businesses (including Charities) must make their own arrangements with a private Waste Contractor.
A list of what items can be collected by the ERIC service are available to download on the right.
Important: Please note that lists are not exhaustive, if the item you wish us to remove is not on the list, please call 0151 606 2004 during office hours (8:00am - 5:00pm Monday to Friday) and talk to one of our advisers.