Air quality in Wirral
Pollution Control monitors Ozone (O3), Nitrogen Oxides (NO2 & NO), Benzene (C6H6) Carbon Monoxide (CO) and Particulates (PM2.5).
If you have a complaint about smoky commercial diesel (i.e buses and lorries) contact the Vehicle & Operators Services Agency on tel. 0870 606 0440.
Smokey taxis should be reported to Wirral Council's Licensing Section on tel. (0151) 691 8043.
Further details and results
- Wirral Nitrogen Oxides monitoring results:
- Wirral Benzene monitoring results:
- Smoke and Sulphur Dioxide (SO2) monitoring - You can download historical data from the West Kirby national network site
- List of Council air quality monitoring points in Wirral, including locations and numbers
- Current air quality reports from the UK Air Quality archive
Air Quality Monitoring Points
You can view results from a DEFRA funded Automated Urban Rural Network (AURN) air pollution monitoring station, which is located at Victoria Park, Tranmere. It monitors ozone (O3), Nitrogen Oxides (NO & NO2) and particulates (PM2.5) in real time.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) diffusion tube sites monitor vehicle pollution at street level.