The Town and Country Planning legislation exists to safeguard and enhance the environment, and to ensure that conflicting pressures for land use are determined with the community's best interests in mind.
The proper consideration of planning applications constitutes a significant part of the work undertaken by Wirral's planning department.
The Planning Portal offers a wide range of services and guidance on the planning system.
- The Hoylake Community Planning Forum (Hoylake Vision) has published a draft Neighbourhood Development Plan for Hoylake for public consultation. The deadline for comments to be submitted to Hoylake Vision is Wednesday 11 March 2015. Further information can be viewed here.
- The Council is consulting on proposed modifications to policies for Gypsies and Travellers and for Town Centres, to be included in the Core Strategy Local Plan. The deadline for comments to be submitted is 5pm on Friday 6 February 2015. Further information can be viewed towards the bottom of the page here.
- The Devonshire Park Neighbourhood Planning Forum has submitted their proposed Neighbourhood Development Plan to the Council for publicity and examination. The deadline for comments to be submitted is 5pm on Friday 6 February 2015. Further information can be viewed here.
- The Planning Inspectorate website closed in September 2011. All appeal and other casework information will now sit alongside the on-line appeals system on the Planning Portal - Planning Inspectorate pages.
- View Wirral Council's Enforcement policy