Structural, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
The section within Technical Services undertakes the following areas of works in conjunction with the Architects and Planned maintenance Unit. They work very closely with other departments and outside agencies to accomplish the works and all necessary legal requirements.
- Design the heating and lighting schemes for all new and refurbishment works.
- Undertake to carry out boiler replacements of all council buildings on a rolling programme of works
- Day to day heating maintenance of council properties through a local specialist contractor
Undertake all structural works within Wirral Council to include
- Design structural frames for new building works
- Design structural works for refurbishment of properties
- Supply the Architects and Building Surveyors with advice as required
- Assist the Building Control Department with advice as required
- Undertake roof and other surveys for Wirral Council & Magenta Living
- Carry out water service tests, monitoring & remedial works tests to all Wirral Council properties
- PAT Testing (Portable Appliance Testing) of all electrical equipment through a local specialist contractor.
- Electrical Testing of Wirral Council Buildings to comply with the Electrical Regulations, through a local specialist contractor
- Fire Alarm and Emergency Lighting, design, installation and testing. (Installation and test is undertaken through a specialist local contractor)
- Air conditioning systems, design, installation and testing. (Installation and test is undertaken through a specialist local contractor)