Building Control

  • Search for Building Control applications 
  • Submit an online application
  • The information here provides a basic guide to Building Regulations, what they are, and how they work.

    Building law is very complicated, and refers to specific legal requirements. We have tried to keep all information as simple as possible.

    Owners of domestic properties can find detailed guidance and information by downloading Householder's Guide to extending your home.

    Find out about applicationsdangerous structures and demolitions.

    Anyone intending to erect a scaffold or a hoarding, which encroaches on to a public road or pavement, is required under Section 169 of the Highways Act 1980 to obtain a licence from the Council. If permission is granted a licence will be issued together with a schedule of conditions that must be adhered to.