Wirral’s Cabinet is chaired by the Leader of the Council.
Each member of Cabinet has a specific responsibility for a different service area. They are:
- Adult Social Care and Public Health - Cllr Chris Jones
- Children’s Services and Lifelong Learning – Cllr Tony Smith
- Corporate Resources – Cllr Adrian Jones
- Culture, Tourism and Leisure - Cllr Chris Meaden
- Environment - Cllr Brian Kenny
- Finance and Best Value - Cllr Phil Davies (Leader of the Council)
- Housing and Community Safety - Cllr George Davies
- Improvement and Governance - Cllr Ann McLachlan
- Regeneration and Planning Strategy - Cllr Pat Hackett
- Streetscene and Transport Services – Cllr Harry Smith
Details of the responsibilities within each portfolio are set out in section 3 of the Council’s Constitution.
The Cabinet takes the majority of the Council’s key decisions, but these are then subject to scrutiny by one of six Overview and Scrutiny Committees.
Some functions fall outside the Cabinet and Scrutiny Committee arrangements – these include planning applications and licensing matters – and separate committees are in place to deal with them.
Non-key decisions have been delegated to individual Cabinet Members who each have responsibility for their own portfolio.