Wirral’s Cabinet is chaired by the Leader of the Council Councillor Phil Davies.
Each member of Cabinet has a specific responsibility for a different service area. They are:
- Adult Social Care and Public Health - Cllr Christine Jones
- Support Services – Cllr Adrian Jones
- Children and Family Services – Cllr Tony Smith
- Economy - Cllr Pat Hackett
- Environment and Sustainability - Cllr Bernie Mooney
- Governance, Commissioning and Improvement - Cllr Ann McLachlan (Deputy Leader of the Council)
- Leisure, Sport and Culture - Cllr Chris Meaden
- Highways and Transport – Cllr Stuart Whittingham
- Neighbourhoods, Housing and Engagement - Cllr George Davies
Details of the responsibilities within each portfolio are set out in section 3 of the Council’s Constitution.
The Cabinet takes the majority of the Council’s key decisions, but these are then subject to scrutiny by one of six Overview and Scrutiny Committees.
Some functions fall outside the Cabinet and Scrutiny Committee arrangements – these include planning applications and licensing matters – and separate committees are in place to deal with them.
Non-key decisions have been delegated to individual Cabinet Members who each have responsibility for their own portfolio.