Making Wirral a better place to live, work and visit
Wirral Council is committed to delivering high quality, cost-effective services that meet the needs and growing expectations of local residents.
To help us achieve our goals we set targets and measure our performance frequently. This ‘performance management’ helps us to demonstrate how well we are doing.
The performance plans we produce give residents and organisations an opportunity to see what targets we have set, judge whether we are meeting those targets, and see what the outcomes are.
Performance management is important as it enables us to:
- focus on the Council's priorities
- support business,workforce and budget planning
- set challenging and robust targets aimed at improving services and measuring progress
- use good quality data to support decisions taken
- identify and tackle poor performance
- be accountable to our customers
- help ensure we provide value for money.
Performance information enables us to compare with other Councils and to see what represents the best terms of performance and service provision.
This section of the website provides information about how the Council is performing and how it manages and reports performance information, including: