Go ON Wirral
What is Go ON Wirral?
Go ON Wirral is part of the national Go ON UK campaign- a radical new cross-sector partnership that has set itself an extraordinary challenge: to bring the benefits of the internet to every individual and every organisation in every community across the UK.
As a partnership between the Council, local businesses and the community and voluntary sector, Go ON Wirral aims to help Wirral residents and businesses get online through recruiting 'digital champions' and promoting opportunities to develop computer skills for all.
What is Go ON Wirral doing?
Go ON Wirral aims to co-ordinate existing and new activity to promote digital inclusion and computer skills across Wirral. It will:
- Increase the number of people who are online in Wirral, particularly under-represented groups and in disadvantaged areas.
- Increase the number of local businesses - especially small and medium size enterprises (SMEs) - who are online.
- Increase the numbers of ‘digital champions’ and those who support others to use the internet.
How can I get involved in Go ON Wirral?
Find out how you can play your part in getting Wirral online on our 'Get Involved' page.
Learn more about Go ON Wirral
You can download information about Go ON Wirral, its partners and the benefits of digital inclusion below:
- Introducing Go ON Wirral - Cllr Phil Davies, Leader of Wirral Council
- The role of Union Learn in Digital Inclusion, ICT skills and learning - Dave Eva, Union Learn
- The economic impact of digital inclusion; how businesses can benefit and contribute - Elaine Owen, Designated Associates and Chair of Wirral's Digital and Creative Cluster
- How partners can be part of Go ON Wirral - Andy Thornton, Merseylearn Manager, Merseytravel
Get an internet ready computer at an affordable price
The Get Online @ home initiative provides low cost refurbished desktop and laptop computers to support the Go ON digital inclusion programme.