FIS: Funding for 2 Year Olds
- Apply for early years Provision for 2 year-olds
- To see when your child is eligible to receive two year old funding please click here
What is Early Years Provision for 2 Year Olds?
2 Year Olds who live in Wirral may be eligible to receive 15 hours per week FREE (570 hours per year) childcare.
Research shows that alongside parenting, high quality part time Early Years Education helps give children of this age a great start and it provides them with a solid foundation for the future.
The funding can be used in a Day Nursery, a Pre- School, a Children’s Centre Nursery or with a Network Childminder. If eligible your child can access the funding the term after his / her 2nd birthday. If the application is successful, as part of the Early Years Provision for 2 Year Olds the family will receive a home visit from the Children Centre Team.
Please be aware if you are eligible and receive 15 hours per week FREE (570 hours per year) childcare, it is your responsibility to inform HMRC.
When can a child receive 2 year Old Funding?
If eligible a child can access the funding the term after his / her 2nd birthday.
How do I know if a child is eligible to receive funding?
If the household receives the following eligibility criteria:
- Has an income of no more than £16,190 and claiming working tax credits
- Receives child tax credits with an income no more than £16, 190
- Claims income support
- Claims income based job seekers allowance
- Claims income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child has been statemented, known as an Education, Health and Care Plan
- Receives State Pension (Credit Guarantee Credit)
- Receives support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act (1999)
- If your 2 Year Old (who you are making the application for) receives Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
If you child is a looked after child (LAC) or has left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order, he or she will automatically qualify to receive 2 year old funding
Who can submit an online application?
If you are a professional working with the family you can submit an online application.
If you are a parent of 2 years old / soon to be 2 Year Old you can submit an online application.
Before you submit an application you will need to know the following details:
- Name of Child
- Gender of Child
- Child’s Date of Birth
- Child’s Ethnicity
- Post Code
- Phone Number
- Parent / Carer Name
- Relationship to Child
- Parent / Carer Date of Birth
- Parent / Carer National Insurance Number (N.I.) (the N.I. number is for the person who receives benefits / tax credits as indicated on the application. It is essential the N.I. Number is supplied).
- Which eligibility criteria the household receives, more than one may apply.
When can I submit an application?
As funding is not available until the term after the child’s 2nd birthday, please do not apply too early. Ideally you should make your application two months before your child's second birthday.
To see when your child is eligible to receive two year old funding please click here
What happens after I have submitted the application?
Once you have submitted the application you will receive a reference number, please ensure that you make a note of this number.
When will I know if the application has been successful?
You will receive a letter confirming if you are eligible to receive funding.
Which Provider can I use?
Only certain Providers (Childminders, Nurseries and Pre-Schools) are approved to offer Early Years Provision for 2 Year Olds. To find out more please click here
What happens next?
Once you have chosen the provider which you would like your child to attend, you must contact them to ensure a place is available and book your child in for their free sessions.
You are not expected to pay for any additional childcare or services from your chosen provider but, should you wish to do so, this is a matter between you and them. You are also not expected to pay a deposit or to pay for meals or snacks.
For further details please contact:
(0151) 637 6258