Free School Meals
Parents/Guardians are entitled to get free school meals/milk for their children if they receive:
- Income Support, or
- Income-Based Jobseekers Allowance, or
- Guaranteed Pension Credit, or
- Child Tax Credit with a total annual taxable income of less than £16,190 and are NOT receiving Working Tax Credit, or
- Have successfully obtained asylum status, or
- People who claim Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
If you are a foster carer, and receiving a fostering allowance, you are not eligible to claim free school meals for those children you are fostering.
If you have a change in your circumstances, for example : your child changes school or you or your partner stop receiving any of the above listed benefits, please contact us as soon as possible. You can tell us of the change at any of the One Stop Shops or by telephoning the number on the contact details shown above.
Grants for school uniforms are no longer available.