Children and Young People's Plan
The Children and Young People’s Plan (CYPP) is our plan to improve outcomes for Wirral’s children and young people and their families. It is an ‘over arching plan’, as underpinning it are strategic action plans delivered by partners in Wirral. It sets out our agreed shared priorities to deliver our vision:
“To enable Wirral’s children, young people and families to access services quickly in order to be secure, healthy, have fun and achieve their full potential”
The CYPP is for all children and young people and includes everything from universal services to targeted work with children, young people and families who have particular needs.
Four key transformational outcomes have been identified to help drive and focus the work of all partners; these are:
- Children are ready for school;
- Young people are ready for work and adulthood;
- Young people have their needs met as early as possible;
- Young people feel safe and are safe.
These four areas will be delivered by the identified plan priorities and activities outlined in the CYPP.
Wirral Children’s Trust Priorities 2013-16
- From conception to age five Wirral children have the best possible physical, social, emotional and psychological start in life.
- From 5 - 19 years, Wirral children and young people’s health and wellbeing will continue to develop.
- To support those children and young people who require extra help at the earliest opportunity.
- To improve outcomes for children and young people in need of protection.
- To improve outcomes for Children in Care and Care Leavers.
- To ensure that there is appropriate support and challenge to educational settings.
- To ensure children and young people across Wirral will have improved attainment levels and skills, to enable then to fulfil their aspirations.
- Effectively promote and enable participation and progression for all young people.
- Improve the educational outcomes for vulnerable children and young people.
- Improve provision, choice and outcomes for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities.
- Enhance the involvement of children and young people in the decision making process.
- Children and Young People’s Plan Review 2013-14 and Refresh 2014-16
- Children and Young People’s Plan 2014-16 Plan on a Page
- Children and Young People's Plan 2013-2016
- Children and Young People's Plan EIA 2013-2016
- Children and Young People's Guide 2013-2016
- Children and Young People's Plan Consultation Report 2013-2016