The Children's Trust brings together a range of partners including children and young people, health, police, community and voluntary sector, education providers and other services to ensure integrated, child-centred approaches to improve outcomes for children, young people and their families.
We organise our work around children and young people; what they say, where they are and what they need. We value every child equally and strive for positive outcomes for all of them.
Children and young people are society’s future and with them rest our hopes and aspirations. Supporting their interest and welfare is paramount.
Our most important principle is that we will secure an active partnership of parents, carers and services, working together to deliver the best outcomes for all our children and young people and thus enabling them to fulfil their potential. The partnership working for Wirral Children’s Trust is outlined in our partnership arrangement memorandum of understanding.
Documents available for download on this page include:
- Memorandum of understanding
- Wirral's Joint Commissioning Framework
- Children and Young People's Plan 2013-2016
- Children and Young People's Plan EIA 2013-2016
- Children and Young People's Guide 2013-2016
- Children and Young People's Plan Consultation Report 2013-2016
- Minutes and Agendas from Children's Trust meetings
What does a Children's Trust actually do?
The essential features of Wirral’s Children's Trust are:
• A child-centred, outcome-led vision for all children and young people, clearly informed by their views and those of their families
• Inter-agency governance, with robust arrangements for inter-agency co-operation
• Integrated strategy: joint planning and commissioning
• Integrated processes: effective joint working sustained by a shared language and shared processes
• Integrated front-line delivery organised around the child, young person or family rather than professional boundaries or existing agencies
• Improving outcomes for children, young people and their families