Wirral Council seeks to collaborate with other public sector organisations whenever possible and is a partner of the Merseyside Authorities Procurement Group.
The Merseyside Authorities Procurement Group
The Merseyside Procurement Group comprises of Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council, Liverpool City Council, St Helens Council, Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council, Cheshire West & Cheshire Council, Halton Borough Council, Merseytravel and Wirral Council.
Terms of Reference
- To meet, discuss, exchange and develop procurement principles and practice to the mutual benefit of the Group.
- To establish common goals within Merseyside Public Authorities with regard to procurement strategies and objectives.
- To explore the possibility of collaborative procurement arrangements between members of the Group.
- To establish a common approach to supplier management and in particular a strategy to support Merseyside small and medium enterprises in their efforts to secure public contracts.
- To explore and scope the creation of a common ‘e’ procurement network between members.
- To encourage knowledge transfer and networking within the Group and other bodies such as the North West Improvement and Efficiency Partnership.